Happy Holidays from your friends at Creative Retailer! We hope the past year had more in store (literally and figuratively) than you hoped. As we look to 2023 we wanted to reflect on the past year.
Reflecting on 2022
- The biggest change was our rebrand to Creative Retailer, expanding to creative arts beyond the world of quilting.
- We also had our first live, in-person event that was so successful we had to plan even more. (Speaking of, registration is open for the next LIVE event in Oklahoma this May.)
- Quilters once again rose to the occasion to support fundraisers sending aid for the War in Ukraine.
- We continue to provide resources to retailers across the country and globe as the fast-paced world we live in transitions to more digital content.
As always, thank you for your continued support. We’ll see you in 2023 and hope you all have a happy, healthy, and prosperous year ahead.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to Creative Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you. And don’t forget, you can always purchase single issues if you prefer that instead.
Here at AQR we believe in providing you with all of your options. If you’re looking for help with digital advertising consider looking into a digital agency. Read on for what digital agencies are and how they can help you.
What is a digital agency?
Digital agencies help you advertise digitally. There are three primary ways to advertise online:
- Social Media: Social platforms allow paid advertising to help you get your message in front of new audiences, generate new leads, gain page likes, or increase website traffic. This is the easiest option of the three.
- Search: Search engines (like Google or Bing) allow advertisers to pay to show ads above or below organic search results. Bids are placed on keywords so when searched, you show up on the results page. Advertisers are only charged if the user clicks the ad.
- Website Remarketing: Website remarketing is a great trick to reengage past website visitors. This tactic places ads in front of a targeted audience and is a great cost-effective tool for small businesses.
Why do I need one?
In a sentence, digital agencies outsource online marketing for you. This means you can continuously advertise, even when you’re on vacation.
Additionally, the process can be time consuming. Setting advertising goals can be outside of your scope of knowledge. Search advertisements use detailed data and analytics. A digital agency will do all of this for you as well as use the data to optimize campaign results and keep track of status updates.
In conclusion, if this sounds like something you can benefit from, make an appointment with a trusted digital agency to receive advice on what would be best for your business.
Inspiration for this post came from “Get Vacation Ready” by Lillie Huhndorf in the June 2022 issue of American Quilt Retailer.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you. And don’t forget, you can always purchase single issues if you prefer that instead.
It’s easy to remember to declutter your home when it’s a daily reminder, and easier to ignore one of the tools you use everyday—your computer.
Plan some time this Friday afternoon to clean up your digital space, within one day you’ll notice how less stressful your life feels.
Tips to declutter
- Unsubscribe from emails you never read. Even notifications can be distracting and contribute to the everyday stress you feel. When you check your email you won’t even notice those subscriptions are gone.
- Clean your desktop. That’s right, you should actually be able to see the background image on your desktop. It may have been years since you’ve been able to do this, but an organized desktop is the best time saver you can do for yourself.
- Turn off notifications. If it really is important enough to check, you will.
- Upgrade your systems. That’s right, the next time a reminder to upgrade pops up on your computer, don’t press ignore. Upgrading makes sure your computer has the best and safest software.
- Download screen time monitoring apps. The nice things about these apps is they allow you to specify how much time you spend on what sorts of things, ie social media, learning, work, etc. We all know blue light isn’t good for our eyes so try to make the most of the time spent looking at it productive.
Increase digital space
- Uninstall software. The easiest way to figure out how to do this is to Google it, this trick is more preventative as it will free space down the road.
- Delete your downloads. Continuing on with the preventative tips, delete your download folder. This will save open up even more space and may also speed up your system.
Decluttering your digital space will make you feel more organized than you realize. Nothing is better than knowing exactly where something is, and these tips will help you get there.
Have you heard the news? American Quilt Retailer is hosting the opening session at spring Quilt Market in Kansas City! Their Schoolhouse Series includes breakout sessions and an opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge from the people who make, design, or write about the products you sell. Register to attend today.