Labor Day weekend has come and gone which means it’s time to start transitioning your store into the season of warm colors.
Check out these latest trends to help you update your layout, products, and events.
- Plaid is this season’s biggest trend and we couldn’t be happier about it! Think 80’s plaid — or houndstooth, herringbone, and glen’s plaid to be specific.
- Bigger is better this fall so grab your baggiest coat and encourage your customers to go for the quilt that’s one size bigger than planned. (And don’t forget to stock up on extra bolts of fabric too!)
- Hint of sparkle. This can be especially fun for your layout around the store, think about what decorations you already have for other seasons to save you some time.
- It’s game time! Football season is just beginning and your customers will for sure fall for the cutest way to rep their team. Don’t limit your inventory to just fabric, try to include ribbon, buttons, and even a craft day for an easy event.
- Speaking of events, scarves are in season again (as if they ever went out of style). Throw an event to make scarves for those in need when the holidays get closer.
- Muted flowers are going to be everywhere. Take a look at the next wedding you go to and you’ll see we really mean it. Pastels are going to be the colors to choose from.
Fall doesn’t have to be all bad, have your store reflect the season that so many people look forward to. Yes, the weather starts to cool off but pumpkin patches, apple orchards, and leaves changing colors are definitely something to look forward to.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you.