New York Fashion Week may have ended, but Fall trends are just beginning. Stock up on these items in your store to stay ahead of the supply and demand game.
- Brush strokes. Step aside tie-dye, this print is adding pops of color in new ways.
- Monochrome. Forget about black, wearing all of one color (either in one shade or multiple) is one of this Fall’s trends.
- Colors. Speaking of color, orange, pink, and yellow were seen time and again during NYFW. Even though orange could be found everywhere, pink was another standout. Don’t think of the soft, subtle shade known as millennial pink but instead get bright, bold, almost fuchsia-like shades. Speaking of generations, Generation Z seems to have opted for a pastel and muted yellow to define it’s generational mood.
- Half and half. Color may be coming back, but with this new trend you don’t have to pick just one. The half-and-half trend manifests in both horizontal and vertical folds.
- Over the top. The more glitter, rhinestone, or shine a material provides the better. This season is all about being in-your-face so don’t shy away from loud fabrics.
- Leather. Faux and real leather has always been around, but leather pieces could be found from head to toe.
As the weather transitions to shorter days and cooler temperatures, you may also be transitioning your store and inventory. What trends have you noticed from suppliers or competitors? How often does your store make seasonal changes? If you’re business is in the process of getting rid of summer inventory and restocking for winter, keep the above trends in mind.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you.