We’ve all opened a beautifully wrapped package. The extra warmth that attention to detail and a note of sincerity provides is worth shopping with the business again. Read on for package stuffers that do this as well as further your brand and your client relationships.
To determine what sort of package stuffer to design, first determine your end goal. What do you want the client to do next? Then work backwards to decide what goes in the package.
Next, ask yourself why you want to include the item. The “why” should align with your purpose of including it also. Keep in mind your audience, not everybody will want the same type of marketing.
When it comes to the number of stuffers you can include, the possibilities are endless. See below for top items.
- Invitation to purchase again: Provide a discount on an item they can purchase online. Include a QR code with a link to your site or the promotion.
- Engagement: Looking to add more readers to your newsletter? Encourage shoppers to sign up for 20% off their next purchase.
- Free item: The options are limitless but some items can be digital. Perhaps a free online pattern?
- Something unique to you: Have leftover samples? Include them in your package as an add-on.
- Something unique to them: This is perfect for customers you know well. Creating something you know is just for them.
- Promotion: This is best for a monthly subscription. Promotions are always going on—let your customer know what’s next.
- Save the Date: Send a save the date to drive engagement to your next event.
- Branded invoice: Make numbers less boring by adding a simple thank you note at the bottom of your colorful and personalized receipt.
- A handwritten note: Need I say more? A handwritten note goes a long way.
- Next step: This all-encompassing option makes it simple to wrap multiple of these options into one card.
Inspiration for this post came from “Hand It Off” by Amber Griffiths published in the August 2022 issue of American Quilt Retailer.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you. And don’t forget, you can always purchase single issues if you prefer that instead.