Have you been following our Virtual Blue Bag posts on social media? We’re all bummed spring Quilt Market was cancelled, but you can still join in on the blue bag-fun by searching the #virtualbluebag hashtag on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Revealing new fabrics are one of the best parts of Quilt Market. Not only are suppliers revealing new designs, but creators are experimenting with them too!
One Sister Designs used a mix of fabrics and design elements from Plant Kindness and Completely Crazy to create one beautiful finished product.
Natalie Barnes pays tribute to her mother, Norma Rose, in this bright and happy palette by Windham Fabrics. Norma’s favorites—including cabbage roses, seedlings, and hand-written recipe cards—can be found throughout the collection.
If you’re interested in browsing more Spring fabric lines, check out these links below.
And of course, we’ve got the latest products that will make all of your quilting and craft projects so much easier.
Patterns and Products
- SCHMETZ needles: Make sure your needle inventory is full so customers can get back to sewing masks and crafts.
- Join Morris Medley Quilt Block of the Month: including original Morris & Co reorder fabrics.
- Colonial Needle Company: has a new Roxanne Glue Stick. Check out their website for their entire Fabric Glue collection.
- Sew Organized: The Fat Quarter Gypsy has a product with as many pockets as you’ll need to stay organized during your sewing projects.
- Patti’s Patchwork: Founder Patti Carey has created E-Z Miter, a tool for cutting foolproof mitered borders and lone-star-type blocks/quilts.
- Creative Grids 60-degree triangle rulers (CGRT60 and CGRT12560): Sew two triangles together to create a 60-degree triangle or half rectangle. Or cut a wide variety of shapes that will fit into a 60-degree grid.
- Scrunchies by Riley Blake Designs: Scrunchies are so popular right now; why not make your own?
Inspiration can always be found. Stay tuned for more Virtual blue bag goodies in next week’s blog. You can also find a full list at our website.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you.