Can you believe it’s that time of the year again? The holidays will soon be upon us and the spirit is already in the air.
It may seem too early to start planning your holiday window display but by the time Thanksgiving comes it’ll be too late. Here are some window display that really stand out:
- Lord & Taylor: Less isn’t more, more is more! With 9,000 feet of garland, foliage, and lights, of course this window display takes the cake. Not to mention the hand carved statues of dancing raccoons and smiling polar bears, kids and adults alike found this display a delight.
- Barney’s: Another nod to childhood, this window went with the theme of love, peace, and joy, and we’re able to capture that in three iconic pieces. (What word do you think the featured photo is trying to convey?)
- Bloomingdale’s: This display had all of the lights. Visual artists created different chandeliers that were auctioned just before the holidays with the benefits going to charity. Although this display stacked third on the list, it wins in community mindedness. (What a cool idea—how could you include a charitable component into your holiday display?)
- Tiffany & Co.: Simple can still be beautiful. Of course you could expect something like that from Tiffany’s, but keep in mind what brand your store has. If you’re known for going big, it’s okay to keep it that way.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Think Candyland meets the Nutcracker, this window display captures the magic of the holidays with its breathtaking, beautiful, and perfectly executed curation.
I know our small businesses don’t have near the time nor the resources as these big-name companies do, but I hope this list gets you in the holiday spirit. Happy decorating, and have fun!
*Note: These displays were featured in New York stores in December of 2016. Photos courtesy of Jetsetter.
If you’re looking for more information to guide you in owning a retail business, subscribe to American Quilt Retailer today. Already a subscriber? No worries—join our Facebook group for insights and dialogue from industry specialists like you.