In late April, AQR held its first-ever in-person event in Des Moines, Iowa. It was three days of speakers and a field trip designed to do just what we all needed—inspire us, motivate us and introduce us to new people. We all know how running a small business can take a toll on our mental and physical well-being. Add to that running a business through a pandemic and our energy levels are lower than we want them to be.
On the first morning, almost an hour before our scheduled start, our meeting room was filled with participants and the noise level was high. These shop owners were ready to learn, share, and grow themselves so their business could grow. I felt so energized, and we hadn’t even started yet! As we listened to our speakers and discussed a variety of business issues, it became clear to me that I didn’t even realize how much I needed this event. Being able to talk face-to-face with other shop owners was invigorating! Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals certainly helps raise the bar on what you’re doing. Do you have a group of business owners for you to talk with and up your game? Consider joining our Facebook community, coming to one of our AQR Academy online events, or better yet, plan on being in Des Moines for our fall AQR Academy LIVE event. Learn more about all of these events at americanquiltretailer.com.
I look forward to helping you run your business better in 2022!
Table of Contents
- From the Editor
- 15 Must-Haves for an Effective Website: Amy Peirquet advises how to make your website your best marketing tool.
- What’s Happening in NYC Retail Right Now: Tag along with Georganne Bender & Rich Kizer to discover the latest trends in NYC shops.
- Take Charge of Your Calendar: Productivity expert Julie Miller Davis provides tips to control your calendar and keep it from controlling you.
- Materials Matter: Find the latest fabrics and designs about to hit your store shelves.
- Hot Picks: Check out the most current products to offer your customers.
- Thread Weight & Fiber: Kay Brooks demonstrates the difference thread weight and fiber make on a finished product.
- Get Vacation Ready With Sizzling Tips for Utilizing Paid Media: Learn the best paid media options for your business from Lillie Huhndorf.
- Finding Your Sweet Spot: Finance expert Jacob Curtis shares tips to get you to the sales sweet spot.
- The Employee Handbook: Best Practices: HR Expert Melisa Morrison continues the Employee Handbook series with actionable steps to protect you and your employees.
There are no reviews yet.