Whoo Hoo! We’re celebrating! This is our 150th magazine issue. That’s 25 years of business articles and information that have been delivered to your mailbox. One of my favorite parts about publishing a magazine is that each issue is a mini-celebration when it’s printed, but each new issue allows us to do exactly what the quote below left says—raise the bar a little higher.
Celebrate what you’ve accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.
– Mia Hamm
I am looking to you for help in how I can raise the bar in 2020. As small business owners we are busy and challenged with many tasks. Your time is limited, right? So let’s put our heads together and discuss how we can work smarter together.
Put aside any concerns about not having the answers or knowing where to look. Consider American Quilt Retailer your one-stop shop for helping you. With experts like Kizer and Bender (who are celebrating a 30-year partnership I might add!), Sommer Sharon, Tom Shay, Beth Montpas, and Erin Byrne on our team, there are answers to your questions and problems. You are not alone!
Email me at Heidi@AmericanQuiltRetailer.com with responses to any or all of these questions:
- Today I am celebrating because _______________.
- My biggest challenge today is _______________.
- If only I could _____________________.
- When I win the lottery I am going to______________.
- My dream is ____________________.
There are no wrong answers. There are no silly responses. I’m looking forward to reading your emails and providing help in upcoming issues.
In Every Issue
- From the Editor, Connect with AQR Online
- On the Cover
- Book Nook: Learn about the latest books in the quilting industry.
- A Self-Taught Quilter Follows Her Passion, Free-to-Use Pattern: Kim Diehl shares how every quilt offers an opportunity to learn something new, even if it’s learning what not to do! She shares oodles of tips your customers will appreciate. Then try out the Free-to-Use pattern, Spinning Wheel Quilt, to hone those skills.
- Online Resources: See what’s new on our website
- Your Digital Marketing Toolbox: Sommer Sharon equips you with tools to handle online marketing.
- Financial Diagnosis: Expert Tom Shay looks at the numbers and helps you to understand why they are important to know.
- Fast-Track Road Map: Learn 10 ways you can impact your life and business today.
- Understand Your Customers: Who are you selling to and how does knowing this help your business? Gain insight to improve your marketing.
- Go Live!: Three designers share helpful tips in using Facebook Live.
Check It Out
- Designer 15: Designer Jacquelynne Steves shares how she is growing her business.
- What I Learned on my Summer Vacation: We might sell fabric in our stores, but life coach Beth Montpas says we’re really in the people business.
- The Multitasking Myth & The Power of Focus: You can do it all—just not all at once. Gwen Bortner encourages focus.
Quilt Market Special Section
- Trends: What’s hot and getting attention?
- Finds: Goodies that are a must have!
- Displays: Get ideas for dynamic displays.